PAGES

Birchbox UK December 2013 - My First Time!

Hi guys! After wanting to for a while, I finally subscribed to Birchbox UK to receive monthly boxes of 4-5 beauty, hair and body products to introduce me to new brands and ideas and today my first ever box arrived! I got strangely giddy unboxing it, lots of little layers to open before the grand reveal - feels like a sneak peek of Christmas to have a little box of presents to discover!

I've not had a chance to try all of the products out yet, but here's a round up of the contents in my box. (When you subscribe there's a chance to fill in a survey on what you are interested in so there will be some variation between mine and others' boxes as they try to tune them to your wishes).















 
Nail Rock Glitter Dust Red - For me this was the most exciting item in this month's Birchbox. It's a full size product, worth £6.99 and is perfect for the upcoming festivities! I'm not able to wear nail varnish for work so can't wait to try this out at the weekend for Christmas and the New Year holidays. Will let you know how I get on, I am slightly apprehensive for it not being quite as easy as they make it look on the pack...!

Model Co Party Proof Matte Lipstick in 'Get Naked' - Another great full size product, based on a trio on sale on Birchbox online, this is likely worth around £5.20. It's a nude shade and applies really smoothly. Feels very moisturising and would look great with a strong eye or just for daytime neutral looks. 

Laura Mercier Body & Bath Ambre Vanillé Soufflé Body Crème - I've never used any of Laura Mercier's body products before but this one looks gorgeous! It smells lovely and is incredibly light to apply. Feels luxurious on the skin and the perfume lasts a couple of hours too. Based on £43.50 for a 300g tub, this 25g sample is worth £3.63.

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - This small bottle of hair spritz looked useful, it detangles, heat protects, UV protects, seals cuticle and smooths hair as well as conditioning and adding shine. The smell is ok, despite being vegan, paraben- and sulfate-free it has a slightly chemical smell to me. The most frustrating this about this one for me is that mine won't spray! Will continue to try but is a shame as would have liked to give it a proper try out on my hair...

Delarom Acquaconfort Mask - I hadn't heard of this brand before but have since read that is a natural skin care brand that focuses on nourishing the skin (I'm in!). This mask contains pomegranate extract and smells deliciously fresh and fruity. Will use it during my next pamper session and let you know how I get on! Based on €26 (£22 approx) for 50ml, this 15ml sample works out at worth over £6 - I better make the 15ml last!

Twistband Hair Tie - My initial reaction to this hair tie was that it was just a length of nicely coloured elastic tied at one end (and why would anyone pay £10 for 6 of that?!). However, I can see some strengths to these over conventional hair bands - for example they are much softer and less likely to dig in if you wear on your wrist and also less ugly so can always have one handy (hand pun not essential!!). They do hold my hair well in a pony tail too, although would be worth seeing how long they hold their stretch. I am on the fence on these, I don't think I would choose to pay for them but it was fun to get one and try it out.

I have loved my first Birchbox (and I'm pretty sure you can see why!), it was £10 for the box plus (£2.95 p&p), if you are interested in giving it a go, here's a link to their site*! Perfect treat for yourself or a last-minute Christmas subscription gift to a friend.

Will update you on how I get on with some of these products, in the meantime have a lovely weekend and bring on the festivities!

JAM x

*if you subscribe through this link (click it, click it!), your subscription will be totally as normal but Birchbox will reward me with points to spend on their online shop. Likewise, if you subscribe and then send your link to a friend, you'll get the same. It's a chain of Birchbox love here, guys!







No comments:

Post a Comment