PAGES

Birchbox UK March 2014 - Lulu Guinness Collaboration

Hi guys!

Time for another Birchbox, this time it's the March collaboration with Lulu Guinness. Birchbox revealed that this collab would be happening in the February box, and that Lulu Guinness would be picking an item that would go into everyone's boxes. To see what I thought, read on!




All in all, this was a pretty good box, most bits I was really pleased although one thing left me a tad disappointed. Bonus item was that every subscriber received a voucher for a free 'Makeupper' at a Benefit counter and to try their new Gimme Brow product - I'll take that thank you!




First item was the Korres Citrus Body Milk. This was the largest sample in this month's box and one I was excited to get! I've been eyeing up Korres' range in my local Waitrose and like their branding so was keen to try this out! The body milk smells fresh, zesty (and slightly masculine?! Anyone else find this?!) and is light and easy to rub in. Not a massive fan of the pack format in that the milk is very runny and comes out WAY too quickly! Overall though, I'm happy with this one. 50ml sample works out to be worth around £2.35.


The next item I received was the Dr Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner. This product claims to minimise pores and absorb excess oil. I hadn't ever heard of Dr Brandt (maybe I'm being a beauty noob), but judging by the fact that this small 7.5ml sample is worth a WHOPPING £9.75, I have high hopes for this premium product. It feels velvety on my skin and leaves a smooth, soft surface perfect to use either with or without makeup. It smells quite strongly of tea tree (I'm a fan but I know some don't like that scent!). This was another success this month.


Next up is Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer for concealer and eye shadow. Again, a new product to me, this one is apparently on of 'Lulu's Picks'. I suffer from dark under-eye circles so am going to give this a whirl to see if it keeps my Erase Paste in place a little longer so that I don't look like a zombie after work each day... It's a tiny sample but the full size product is worth £20.50.


I also received the Molton Brown Rhubarb and Rose Replenishing Hand Cream this month and firstly, ADORE the scent. It is a newly launched range from MB and smells just like rhubarb fool, yum! Was happy with a product from Molton Brown as I know and like the brand. Another hand cream to add to the collection, it does feel as though there's a new one in each box lately?! This 7ml sample is worth £1.75.


This No 7 For Her fragrance sample from English Laundry by Christopher Wicks surprised me. I'll be honest, I wasn't wowed by the packaging and didn't expect it to be my kind of fragrance but I actually really like it. It's a daytime scent and is fruity and floral, with a bit of musk too. A handy travel sample although I'm too obsessed with my Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb to consider any other full size fragrances any time soon!


Finally, the second of 'Lulu's Picks' was a black and white stick of rock. This totally disappointed me. The claim was that this represented Lulu Guinness' inspiration for her S/S 14 handbag designs but it felt like a massive cop out. They built up this collaboration a lot, and the interview and tips in the 'Life Lessons' booklet are interesting etc but a stick of rock doesn't cut it for me. Must try harder Birchbox!

That's all for this month, like I said, generally I'm pretty happy with this box, mostly brands I know but also a couple of newbies to explore too. What did you get and did you rate the Lulu Guinness collab? Get in touch here or on Twitter!

Thanks for reading,
JAM x

No comments:

Post a Comment