PAGES

Primark Haul + PS Love Beauty Finds

Hi guys!

Who else has ADORED the sunshine this weekend?! J and I went for a 24 hour trip to Oxford, explored the colleges and parks and also hit the shops! I haven't been in Primark for a while but fancied a look around and stumbled across a couple of basic bits but also the PS Love Beauty range! I know it's a fairly new range so thought I would grab a couple of bits and let you know my thoughts so far.


I grabbed three items from the beauty range - a mascara and two lipsticks for the grand total of £3. I should add that there were a fair few bits there that I intentionally didn't buy.. I'm not a massive eyeliner wearer so skipped most of those (although the two kohl pencils + sharpener for £1 does seem like a deal not worth missing). There is also a really big range of nail polishes/nail art sets etc but I can't wear polish whilst at work so sadly skipped that section too!

On to what I did buy!




The PS Love Volumising Mascara (£1) comes in cute outer packaging and a chic matte black finish. I like the wand, it's definitely not clump-inducing and separates your lashes whilst still adding volume. I wouldn't give it top marks for volume, you need a couple of coats to build up but it's nice for a makeup-no-makeup look!




The first lipstick I found was this awesome coral shade for spring (there are no names for the colours sadly!). I like the packaging, that you can see the colour at the bottom. This shade goes on really well, feels smooth on your lips and is really pigmented. I think it would benefit from being used with a lip liner, but that's my own rookie error! I haven't tested it for durability or moisturising effect yet - if I'm honest I think that's where this one might slip up a bit.




The second shade I picked up was a shimmer nude. I thought this would be great for day to day wear and evenings with a bolder eye. However, this one was a total let down! Because of the major glitter (definitely more than a shimmer!), it almost scrapes along your lips when applying and then doesn't blend in at all. It didn't feel nice on my lips either and the colour was much more bubblegum pink than I expected from the packaging. Not sure this one will be a regular in my make up bag, but glad I only had to spend £1 to find out!

There weren't any eyeshadows at the Oxford Primark, but I do know they have a palette for £2.50 which I would be quite keen to try - have you used any of the Primark Beauty range and what are your favourite items? For the incredibly low prices, I think this range is definitely worth a shot - I might give their brushes a go too.

Next up, a quick run down of the other bits I grabbed. I wanted another statement necklace and fell in love with this one straight away. I think it will look great with pastels in spring and also suit a tan through the summer and on holidays so was very happy for £4!


I also bought socks (just take a moment to admire the colours - for some reason that combo is so pleasing) and a pair of plain black flip flops (for £1??!).



That concludes my haul, had a gorgeous time on the beach taking these photos today so I'll leave you with one of the sunshine!


JAM x

No comments:

Post a Comment